NASM Certified Personal Trainier
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Mission statement:
- NASM's mission is to empower individuals to live a health life.
- NASM requires all of their trainers to acquire at least 2 hours of CEU's and renew their certification every 2 years.
- NASM's level of integrity has been held very high through their code of ethics and level of knowledge they require their trainers to uphold.
Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS)
- Through NASM I am certified as a Fitness Nutrition Specialist and have received a very thorough understanding of how the body processes its intake and how to get the most out of a complete nutrition plan.
One hardworking husband, two kids and one busy mom.... That was me in 2007, using my schedule as an excuse to not take care of myself. Overweight, bad circulation and always tired was my daily life. I marched on through my days not realizing that my excuse was going to kill me! At the end of 2007 I decided to make a change.
When I was pregnant with my second child I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. After having my son, I ignored the the chances and signs of getting full blown diabetes. Once I really started to notice my health, waist line and energy levels start to really decline, I began to understand that I am also important! I strapped on my running shoes and started moving. The registered dietician that my OBGYN referred me to, had giving me a diet plan that did not see the light of day until after my son was born. I decided to show my kids and husband that it is never too late to find your fountain of youth. After losing 30 plus pounds in 2007-2008 and regaining my health, many friends wanted to know my secret to becoming a better, stronger me. There is no secret; there is no easy.... but with many influential mentors, I learned there is a state of mind and level of education that will get you there. In 2015 I received my National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) certification and was able to learn all the amazing, scientifically proven tools to teach others how to find a healthier, happier way of life as well. My training has been a long time coming and I love every client, every life changed though this amazing program. A new you should not have to wait for a New Year, Start NOW! I did and thank God every day for the life we now live!