What is a Fitness Assessment?
... and why do I need one?
We conduct a fitness assessment on all of our clients for many important reasons. As a matter of fact, an assessment is so important that if your trainer did not preform an assessment on you, I would find another trainer. A fitness assessment is necessary for me (and you) to get a baseline of your body. An effective program cannot be designed for you if your needs are not identified. Many clients are often surprised to find they have minor issues that have been causing them major problems over the years. A Fitness Assessment not only identifies any issues but also gives a good baseline to gauge future results.
What to do prior to the assessment
- Wear proper attire and shoes
- Light colored fitted clothing is best
- Limit your food intake 60 minutes before the assessment
- Do not exercise on the same day as your assessment
- Bring a snack for after the assessment
What does a Fitness Assessment Consist Of?
Since I believe the assessment is so important, I not only take manual measurements but I also have software that I use to further enhance the results. The following is what you can expect during the assessment. There are essentially three parts to the Fitness Assessment. Measurements, Fitness tests, and Results.
This is the part of the assessment where you relax and I get a good starting point from where to measure future progress
- Weight measurement
- Body Fat % measurement
- Muscle quality measurement
- Check blood pressure and pulse rate
- PH measurement
- Measuring tape or Caliper measurements
This is the part of the assessment where you are going to get a little physical. I use standard tests as well as professional software to measure the following
- Body Alignment
- Upper Body Strength
- Lower Body Strength
- Core Strength
- Respiratory Pattern
- Heart Strength
After the assessment is over I will answer any questions you may have as well as explain the purpose of the different tests. This is the time I will provide nutrition suggestions for you as well as go over any major issues the assessment may have uncovered. You will not get your final report until I get back to the office and have time to go over all of the data. Once I have gone over all of the data, I will provide you with the following:
- Printed out report charting your alignment with any issues identified
- Your calculated Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Your calculated Heart Rate Target
- Your calculated Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Your calculated Body Fat Percentage
- All of your measurements
- Suggested exercises and stretches to correct any issues
- Suggested calorie intake based on your results and goals
What should I do after I get my results?
- Schedule a training session with me
- Contact me about discounted training session packages I offer
- Follow the suggested exercises that were provided with your report
- Find a different trainer
It is highly recommended that you utilized a trainer, at least in the early stages of your training. Even though the exercise provided will be where you need to start, a trainer will be able to make sure you have the proper form and are performing them correctly. A good trainer will be able to show you how to isolate and target the muscles that need attention and stretch those that have been getting too much attention. Without the proper guidance, you can easily make any issues you may have worse.
How much is a Fitness Assessment?
The Fitness Assessment alone is $90.00. The fitness assessment is included free of charge for clients that purchase a training package. If you are interested in a training package, schedule a free consultation using the button below or contact us for more information. If you want to read more about our one on one training Click Here
Are you ready to start your journey?Schedule Assessment
(Consultations can be scheduled Mon - Fri. 9AM- 5PM: If you need a time outside of that, please request through the Contact Us link)